Valley Community Development Corporation (Valley CDC) seeks an enthusiastic, highly motivated and experienced Small Business Development Program Coordinator. The Program Coordinator will initially work up to 20 hours/week with the expectation that the program can grow and support a full-time position. Valley CDC is a community based, non-profit organization formed in 1988. Our mission seeks to empower low and moderate income people and underserved populations manage and improve the quality of their lives. We accomplish this through the development of affordable housing, providing economic opportunities, and encouraging community leadership. Valley CDC is a Hampshire County United Way Partner Agency and a member of the Massachusetts Association of Community Development Corporations (MACDC).
The Small Business Development Coordinator
Valley CDC is seeking an experienced Small Business Development Program Coordinator who will have the primary responsibility for the day-to-day management and implementation of the small business development program. The Program Coordinator reports directly to the Executive Director.
Primary Responsibilities include:
- provide leadership for Valley CDC in small business development programs, policies and initiatives
- assist executive director with setting program direction
- establish new programs and projects when need for new initiatives is identified
- provide technical assistance to residents/business owners of Valley CDC’s target area requiring assistance with their businesses, either start-up or expanding
- provide initial assessment of business needs for the client
- assist with development of business plans and financial projections
- analyze credit history when necessary
- assist clients assemble loan applications/packages
- market program
- collaborate with other agencies on related small business programs
- maintain relationships with private and public funding sources
- assist executive director in identifying potential funding sources for small business development
- assist executive director in writing grant proposals
- oversee compliance with reporting requirements of various funding sources
- represent Valley CDC on economic development-related boards and committees
- implement and staff economic development committee of board of directors
- 3-5 years of business related management experience or small business ownership
- program development and implementation skills in small business development
- contract management experience
- strong strategic thinking skills
- fundraising experience
- detail oriented and able to self-manage with minimal supervision
- experience in working in collaborations with other organizations
- work well with colleagues and community residents of various socioeconomic/cultural backgrounds
- excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
- able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- computer literacy, including fluency in Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- bilingual/bicultural in Spanish preferred
Salary and Benefits
Salary range for full-time position is $42,000 – $52,000 depending on experience; salary will be prorated based on hours. Valley CDC is expecting to hire a professional at mid-range. Benefits include prorated vacation, personal days and sick leave; and health insurance and retirement plan. Downtown Northampton location with free parking.
The Selection Process
Please submit a cover letter, detailing your salary requirements and your qualifications for this position, along with a resume and two writing samples to: Joanne Campbell, Valley CDC, 30 Market Street, Northampton, MA 01060 or email@example.com by July 14, 2017. Valley CDC will continue to accept applications until the position is filled.
Valley CDC is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We encourage applications from candidates from diverse backgrounds and cultures.