We offer First Time Homebuyer workshops every month at a different location, rotating between Easthampton, Northampton, & Amherst. Each workshop series meets 4 times, once per week, from 6 p.m. – 9:00 p.m. Classes are always held on weekday evenings. The workshops are open to anyone, regardless of where you live or work, or whether or not you are a First Time Homebuyer.
Our workshop is certified by the Citizens Housing and Planning Association (CHAPA), a statewide non-profit organization that works towards affordable housing and community development. Because our workshop is CHAPA-certified, income-eligible participants may apply for special First Time Homebuyer loans through participating lenders.
The counseling sessions focus primarily on income, debt, credit and how best to help you achieve sustainable homeownership. We examine a variety of homeownership options including single family homes, condominiums, multi-family homes and purchase and rehab loans. We’ll discuss a menu of mortgage products with an emphasis on subsidized mortgages and down payment and closing cost assistance for income-eligible buyers.
What to bring to your appointment:
To make the most of our discussion, please bring as much of the following as possible:
- A recent pay-stub
- Most recent year’s tax return
- Child support figures
- Social security figures
- Part-time employment figures
- Information about any other income source
- A recent bill for each credit card, store card or other household debt
- Original loan documents for personal loans, car loans, and student loans (If you don’t have your original loan docs, check your account on-line for interest rates and student loan status.)
- If you have a recent credit report, please bring the report along to our meeting.
Contact Donna Cabana at email@example.com or at 413.586.5855 ex 180