We offer First Time Homebuyer workshops every month at a different location, rotating between Easthampton, Northampton, & Amherst. Each workshop series meets 4 times, once per week, from 6 p.m. – 9:00 p.m. Classes are always held on weekday evenings. The workshops are open to anyone, regardless of where you live or work, or whether or not you are a First Time Homebuyer.
Our workshops are certified by the Citizens Housing and Planning Association (CHAPA), a statewide non-profit organization that works towards affordable housing and community development. Because our workshops are CHAPA-certified, income-eligible participants may apply for special First Time Homebuyer loans through participating lenders. To receive a certificate, participants must fully attend all four workshops in the series.
The counseling sessions focus primarily on income, debt, credit and how best to help you achieve sustainable homeownership. We examine a variety of homeownership options including single family homes, condominiums, multi-family homes and purchase and rehab loans. We’ll discuss a menu of mortgage products with an emphasis on subsidized mortgages and down payment and closing cost assistance for income-eligible buyers.
What to bring to your appointment:
To make the most of our discussion, please bring as much of the following as possible:
- A recent pay-stub
- Most recent year’s tax return
- Child support figures
- Social security figures
- Part-time employment figures
- Information about any other income source
- A recent bill for each credit card, store card or other household debt
- Original loan documents for personal loans, car loans, and student loans (If you don’t have your original loan docs, check your account on-line for interest rates and student loan status.)
- If you have a recent credit report, please bring the report along to our meeting.
Contact Donna Cabana at email@example.com or at 413.586.5855 ex 180
We are a HUD-Approved counseling agency.