We offer free, individual counseling to homeowners who are behind on their mortgage payments or at risk of being unable to make payments. In addition to evaluating your mortgage, we will help you review your current household budget and see how that fits with your current debts. We will look at each debt you owe and help you figure out how to prioritize and manage each debt. The counseling session also gives you a chance to evaluate your credit report and develop a plan to improve your credit score.
What to bring to your foreclosure counseling session:
- Your loan documents for all current loans including Truth-in-lending statement, Uniform Loan Application and Good Faith Estimate
- Your HUD1 closing documents for all current loans
- Promissory note(s)
- Property appraisal (if you have one)
- Recent property tax, sewer and water bills
- Recent mortgage statement (bill) and home equity statement(s) (bill)
- All current household income info, including 2 months pay stubs, child support, social security award letter, unemployment, VA disability etc.
- Any leases or rental agreements with tenants or boarders
- All self-employment info
- 2 most recent Federal tax return (if you are self-employed, please also bring 3 prior years) and all W2’s
- All other loan docs such as auto, student and personal loan docs
- Most recent credit and store card bills
- Current utility bills
- 2 most recent bank statements (personal and/or business)
- Homeowners insurance statement
Please bring in as many of these documents as possible to your first counseling session. We may need all of them to negotiate with your lender. The sooner we have all of the above documents, the quicker we can help you attain a sustainable mortgage payment.
Contact Donna Cabana at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 413.586.5855 ex 180