Workshops & Counseling
Workshops are offered two times annually in the Spring and Fall. Workshops are typically held on a Saturday from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. They provide important information about the responsibilities of homeownership so that participants are equipped with the skills and knowledge they need to successfully maintain their home and finances.
For additional education, our counseling goes in-depth into topics including:
- Avoiding predatory lending scams, including identity theft and credit card fraud
- Maintaining and repairing a home, including seasonal upkeep and energy conservation
- Improving budgeting skills, maintaining a good credit file, stopping unwanted solicitations and keeping good records
- Homeowner, life and disability insurance basics, being a good neighbor and an asset to the community
- What to do if you find yourself in trouble with your mortgage, how your mortgage lender works and what to look for if you want to refinance.
Contact Donna Cabana at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 413.586.5855 ex 180 for more information on individual counseling.