*****PLEASE READ THESE INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE PROCEEDING TO THE CLASS WEBSITE*****
Course Requirements ‐ The minimum software requirements for viewing
- Flash – Adobe Flash Player 10 or later, and one of the following browsers:
- Recommended: Windows: Internet Explorer 8 or later or Firefox (latest version), Microsoft Edge (latest version), Google Chrome (latest version)
- Mac: Firefox (latest version) Safari 7 or later, Google Chrome (latest version),
- Apple iOS Articulate Mobile Player in Apple iOS 5 or later on iPad
- Android OS Articulate Mobile Player in Android OS 4.1 or later (optimized for tablets)
PLEASE READ THE FAQ BELOW THE DIRECTIONS BEFORE STARTING THE COURSE
Please check your spam folder for your confirmation email if you don’t see it immediately in your inbox. Add Valley Community Developmentto your email whitelist to prevent our emails from going to spam.
This course can only be done from one IP address.
The Road Home is a high quality online homebuyer class; a convenient way to start your path to homeownership. The cost for The Road Home online course plus an information packed follow up in-person session at Valley CDC is $100 per household. You will receive your official Certificate of Completion that local lenders and mortgage programs will accept at the end of the in-person session. There is no need to print a certificate or proof of completion from The Road Home.
Valley Community Development’s follow-up session will be held on an individual basis and include:
- Detailed information about the state’s most affordable mortgage programs;
- Information on inspections, real estate agents, home insurance, and more; and
- Opportunity to get answers to your homebuying questions.
REGISTER NOW for The Road Home. Upon registration, you will be emailed a link to The Road Home class and you can get started immediately. You must have completed The Road Home online course before you attend the follow-up in-person session.
If you experience any issues with the audio portion of the online class, please quit out of the program and log-in again. That should resolve the problem. The Road Home can be viewed on a computer or tablet.
THE ROAD HOME
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How do I access The Road Home?
a. A link to the course will be provided by the non-profit agency you are working with to earn your First-Time Homebuyer Certificate.
2. Does the course save my progress so I can take a break?
a. The Road Home utilizes “cookies” to save your progress but only on the computer and browser you initially accessed the course on. If you started to the course on your home computer using Internet Explorer, your information will not be available on your work computer using Internet Explorer.
b. Additionally, the progress is only saved if your history is not cleared. Some public libraries and organizations have browsers setup to clear a computers history every night, or upon closing of the browser window. Make sure your computer does not clear your history while you are taking the course.
3. Why do I have to login twice?
a. The initial login screen captures your information and allows our reporting website to follow your progress. How many slides you have viewed; time spent in the course; and final assessment score are all captured and related to this login screen’s information.
b. The secondary login screen is what populates the certificate of completion at the end of the course.
i. If you must take a module quiz multiple times, or reboot the course, please make sure you re-enter your name and choose the non-profit Agency from the drop-down list to ensure your certificate is populated correctly.
4. How do I print my individual module quiz results?
a. After each quiz, you should be given the option “Print” your results. You will want to make sure the browser you are using has the pop-up blocker turned “Off” and supports Flash.
5. My completion certificate has my name but does not show the non-profit agency I am working with.
a. Use the index on the left-hand side of the screen to move back to the second login screen. There is a drop-down box found in the Intro section under “Your Homebuyer Counseling Agency” where you can re-select your agency. When you maneuver back to the Certificate page it should be updated with the corrected information.
If you should encounter an issue that is not addressed above, please email TheRoadHome@masshousing.com and detail the problem, the browser you were using (i.e. Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Safari), the hardware (i.e. iPhone, iPad, Desktop, MacBook) and the versions of each if possible to help find a solution faster.